Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Intimidating first impressions...



I stepped into the crowded room looking for the unfamiliar face of the hair stylist I didn't know but held on to his name as I looked around asking anyone who looked at me "please can you lead me to Mark?" They told told me to walk straight ahead that I would soon reach him. I got to another room and with a smile I asked a very unfriendly guy, " hello, please are you Mark?" He looked at me with that sort of look that simply said " yesss! and who are you?" Well , I introduced myself and told him that a colleague of his recommended him to me, he asked what I wanted to do to my hair, I told him, he looked at another guy who he nodded at, and the guy offered me a seat and started to do my hair. I was irritated by his gesture.

So Mark's assistant or apprentice started doing my hair, he was the most pleasant person. He listened to every instruction that I gave him and did everything just as I told him I wanted it done. I concluded that Fred was sent to me by God because I didn't think Mark would have been able to dance to my tune like that.



Now, this is where I would add that first impressions really matters as we tend to judge a book by its cover all the time. Just like when we see a dress that looks very decent only to wear it and it appears to be a tempting and seductive attire. That was the case of Mark the Stylist and I


Anyway back to Mark. At the end of the day Mark wasn't as bad as he portrayed himself, in fact by the time I was leaving he gave me his number and told me that I could always call him when next I needed my hair done. But trust me to have quickly built a nice relationship with Fred, he even helped me with my salon bag to my car. I gave him a little tip.

By the time I went back to style my hair the following day, I was glad that I had met Fred and given him that tip the day before. His customer service was exceptional, he got me a nice seat and even offered me a drink while I waited my turn. In my days of going to the salon I cannot remember ever meeting a stylist as nice, well except for my dear friend Abbey who is more like family now( I would write a post about Abbey my fantastic stylist soon).

Okay, to conclude my story, guess who ended up styling my hair? Yes! Fred! When he started styling my hair I was seriously keeping my fingers and even my toes crossed. "I hope I wouldn't get into an argument with this guy" I thought. It was very surprising when he started styling my hair in a nice way and listened to every instruction I gave (well not every, but almost every instruction). He did my hair very very well, I couldn't even ask for more. When he finished and I thanked him, he promised that next time he'd even be more prepared for me.

Here was I smiling and giving a guy who I thought his attitude really sucked a generous tip. I mean, this guy used alot of his energy to make sure my hair turned out good. I left the salon smiling and my hair looking beautiful, couldn't wait to show it off :) But why did he react in such a negative manner when he first met me?



First impressions really matter, have you been put off by first impressions? did you wait to see if it would have a happy ending?

Do you have a customer service experience or a review you would like to share? If so, Contact me by sending a message to spynaija@gmail.com

8 comments:

  1. Why a generous tip after the not so good first impression?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eya, I gave him a generous tip because I was super impressed by the way my hair turned out. I think he knew that my first impression of him was very bad, so he made up for it very well. The whole story sort of ended happily. You need to see the energy he used and see the magic he performed with my hair, in fact he started sweating at some point lol... If he went on with that bad attitude I would have never dreamt of giving him anything.

      Delete
  2. For me first impression really counts. Once it's ruined that's it for me. Nice blog. Www.secretlilies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ibifiri :) I get you. I can be over nice sometimes :)

    www.spynaija.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. سایت پیش بینی فوتبال دنیا جهانبخت
    یکی از بهترین سایت های پیش بینی فوتبال متعلق به دنیا جهانبخت می باشد که از مونتیگو هدیه گرفته است و توانسته از این طریق به درآمد بسیار بالایی دست پیدا کند. وی با توجه به این که در هیچ زمینه ای به جز ساختن حاشیه استعدادی ندارد، توانسته به راحتی فالوور های اینستاگرامش را بسیار افزایش داده و آنها به سوی سایتش بکشاند و به دلیل امکانات زیادی که این سایت از ابتدا داشته است، توانسته کاربران ثابت و فعالش را روزانه افزایش دهد.

    ReplyDelete